Recently, Microsoft launched the Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713, and it will work for Insiders in the Fast ring. Similar to its predecessor, build 17711, it comes with a lot of new tweaks and system changes. It will provide some new updates for Microsoft Edge, Inking, and IT admin features.
It will also be providing some of the new features for one of the previous Windows programs — Notepad. In this post, you will read about what you can expect with this new released by Microsoft.
Expectations of Windows 10 Preview Build 17713
Microsoft Edge is getting some of the updates. These updates will work to its autoplay video stopping as well as to the PDF toolbar. Alongside, it will provide the ability to lookup definitions the time of using Reading View for sites, eBooks, and PDFs. Notepad is also getting a lot of user-requested changes such as- Wrap-around find or replace, Text Zooming, and Line Number with word-wrap.
However, there are also some of the latest features, and it will work for IT admins including changes to Windows Defender Application Guard, Web sign-in to Windows 10 which supports non-ADFS federated providers, and Remote Desktop with Biometrics which performs with Windows Hello.
We have already discussed changes above, here we will know about some of the other general improvements and system changes included in today’s build:-
- It solved a problem where you can see the thin pixel lines in the fluent shadows depending on the popup UI had been invoked location.
- It resolved the issue where the state of a Narrator command such as- volume up and down, toggling Scan Mode on and off, voice speed, modifying the verbosity and context verbosity commands may not be announced when executed.
- It solved and the problem where some of the text on the Settings > Privacy > File System page under “Allow apps to access your Filesystem” has some unknown characters in the place of spaces.
- They changed the design of the “Settings and more”/“…” menu in the Microsoft Edge to make sure that the followinf text “New InPrivate window” does not get cut out.
- They have made some of the changes to the performance when loading the Language Settings page.
- It fixed the problem where powercfg or batteryreport was lose numbers in specific languages.
- It fixed an issue resulting in some of the apps not succeeding to update from the Microsoft Store with error 0x8007019A if the update was not continued and then resumed.
- It fixes an issue where imported favorites on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge may not always load favicons.
- They solved that could result in an unclosable InPrivate window if it were build-up by dragging an InPrivate tab out of a current Microsoft Edge window.
- They fixed resulting comments with markdown on github.com not previewing correctly in Microsoft Edge.
- While seeing the certificate details for a website in Microsoft Edge, now the text is choosable to copy it out if required.
- They fixed the problem resulting in some of the sites appearing an unwanted small blank tooltip when hovering on the text fields in Microsoft Edge in the old flight.
- They solved an issue where Ctrl-key keys on keyboard layout will not work in site text fields using Microsoft Edge.
- They solved the resulting in an open PDF in Microsoft Edge crashing in the last flight if you have right-clicked on the PDF to get the generic context menu.
- They fixed a high clicking DWM crash in the last flight.