If you use the Kindle application on your iOS or Android device, then you may have noticed that there is no direct way to log out of it. If you wish to log out from your account but do not wish to uninstall it, then you can deregister tour account from the iOS or Android device. After deregistering it, your account will get removed from the app and you will not be able to access the contents anymore. If you wish to switch to another Amazon account, then you can simply deregister first and after that register again. Moreover, if your device gets stolen, then you deregister your account from that device for security purposes. Also, if you are going to give away or sell your device, then it wise to remove your account from the Kindle app. Here is how you can sign out of Amazon applications:
Deregister Kindle account on iOS device
- Unlock your iOS device and go through the applications.
- Find Kindle application and tap on it.
- If you have way too many apps on your device, then it is wise to use the search tool. Just look up Kindle in the search bar and then open the app.
- In the main screen of the app, tap the Menu button. Three parallel horizontal lines represent it. It is located in the upper left side of the main screen.
- Now, from the drop-down list, select the last option that is Settings.
- In the Settings screen, go to the Registration area. Tap on the Update option.
- Now, you will be redirected to the deregistration screen.
- Tap on the orange Deregister this Kindle button located below the registration details.
- Now, you will be prompted to confirm the deregistration. Tap on the OK button in the Deregister Device prompt.
- Now, all the stuff you had downloaded on your Kindle will get removed.
- You will also be logged out of the Amazon account.
Deregister Kindle account on Android device
- Unlock your Android device.
- Tap on the Kindle application to open it.
- Tap on the Menu option. It is present in the top left corner of the main page of the Kindle app.
- If an eBook is already open, then you need to go back to the home screen.
- Tap on the Settings option from the pull-down list.
- Now, in the Registration area, you will find the Deregister this Kindle button.
- Tap on the button, and you will get logged out of your Amazon account.
Remotely deregister Kindle account on Android device
- Go to the Amazon website.
- Individuals who have Android devices can register their Kindle app by going to the Amazon Appstore Application.
- After downloading the application on Android, users have to sign in to their Amazon accounts.
- The device gets registered automatically and starts showing up in the Your Devices section.
- This application has solely been launched for Android.
- Sign into the Amazon account.
- You need to key in the email address or phone for mobile accounts.
- Key in the password for the same.
- Click on the yellow Sign in button.
- Click on the Hello Accounts and Lists tab. It will be located next to the cart.
- From the pull-down menu, locate the Digital Content area and select Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Now, tap on Your Devices.
- You will be able to see all devices. Click on the Actions button located next to the device name.
- Click on the Deregister link.
- Now, you will get logged out of the account.