Nowadays, a number of computer system users are decided that they will do that invest in Microsoft’s Surface programs and we can say it is a good idea. As we know that the Surface line of devices is still some of the best Windows 10 computer systems out there. It doesn’t mean that being at the top constant smooth sailing because some of the users are facing several issues with that such as- automatic and erratic screen dimming.
What is Surface Pro screen dimming problem?
The most significant issue has much to do with the Surface Pro 4. You have noticed it much time that when your device will suffer from this screen dimming issues that time it is the more irritating issue or can be a real annoyance. It is one of the prominent problems for those who are using their device on a regular basis.
But now you no need to worry with this screen dimming issue. In this post, you will see some simple ways. In all of them, one will help you to solve the screen dimming issue without having to send the Surface Pro 4 to a professional or back to Microsoft.
Let’s start to resolve this is a common issue. You no need to take it very seriously.
You have to make sure to follow below-given steps as laid out and we promise, you will be up and running in no time.
1- Check for Updates:-
You have to begin it with the checking for updates because Microsoft always tries to release news updates on the regular basis when it comes down to its Surface line of programs. If you want to check for the latest updates of Windows, you need to move the given path: – Settings > Updates & Security and then click on the “check for updates” option.
Then you will get the latest update from Intel themselves since the more components came from that company.
If you want to update your graphics card driver, then move to the Device Manager, and you can check from there.
Now click on the Cortana button and then type the Device Manager Settings in the search box.
Then click on the option when it makes itself available.
Alongside, you can also visit on the official website of Intel.
Here you can manually download the latest Intel graphics driver easily.
2- Does the problem appear after updating Windows 10?
- To do this, you need to open the Settings app by clicking on the Windows Key + I keys together.
- Then you need to select the Updates & Security > Windows Update.
- After that, you can move to Update History > Uninstall Updates.
- Then you need to place the latest update installed, and then you can simply remove it.
- After completing this process, you should restart your computer system.
- Now you need to check if everything is back to normal.
- If the issue started after a feature upgrade, you need to take a Rollback.
3- Is the Adaptive Brightness on? Turn it off
- It will help you to save your power, and this is here adaptive brightness comes into play.
- If you don’t know about that then we are giving you some information, adaptive brightness is developed to scan your room and surroundings for a certain level of light.
- It will work on what it detects, and the system will automatically modify the brightness level of your computer screen.
It is a useful feature on smartphones for quite a while now. It will work most of the times, but it is also possible that there are times when it doesn’t.
- To turn off adaptive brightness, you need to open up the Cortana and then search for power options.
- When you have to get it, then click on the Power Options.
- After that, you need to select your power plan, and then finally click on the Change Plan Settings option.
- Now check if everything is fine.
- Then move to Change Advanced Power Settings option and then Display > Enable Adaptive Brightness.
- In this place, you should change Plugged in and On Battery to off, and that’s it.
- Then you need to click on the OK button.
- At last, you should restart your computer system, and then move on.
If the above-given methods do not help you, then you need to reset your Surface Pro device. We hope that it will definitely help you to solve Surface Pro screen dimming problem from your computer system.