Most people, who have ever in their life used Windows PC, have worked with Microsoft Office. Without Microsoft Office, a Windows PC is incomplete. MS Office is a set of apps which has replaced the dead-tree format and has saved a lot of time. Moreover, it helps in bringing creativity and innovation at workplaces. All organizations need accounts management, and with Excel, calculations and data entry has become a child’s play. With Outlook, people can communicate and coordinate in a quick and efficient manner.
Microsoft Office has many perks and advantages. Its apps and services are so useful that it is nearly impossible to manage work without using Microsoft Office programs. If your device does not contain any older Office edition, then install the setup from office.com/setup. Make sure that the edition you choose is compatible with your device.
Uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 or other Office versions
But, in case any older Microsoft Office version is installed on the device, then you must remove it. This has to be done prior to installation of the new setup. If you fail to remove the existing older version, then it may clash with the new one. For uninstalling a conflicting suite, follow the process given here:
- Click on the Start button located at the corner of the taskbar.
- From the Start menu, click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a program.
- Just pick the existing Microsoft Office such as Office 365, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, etc.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Now, you will be asked if you are sure about removing the program from the device. Click on the Yes button.
- When you get notified with this message: Microsoft Office Version has been successfully uninstalled, and then click on the Close button.
- For the program removal to work, you need to reboot the system.
Download Microsoft Office 2016
Firstly, you need to sign in to your Microsoft account. After that, you can download Microsoft Office 2016 setup to the device. Follow the prompts for installation, and you will get Microsoft Office 2016 on your system. Here is the step-by-step manual for downloading MS Office 2016:
- Open the web browser.
- Go to the Microsoft website or www.office.com/setup.
- Now, browse the products listed on the webpage.
- Select the Microsoft Office 2016 edition you deem appropriate.
- Either register or sign in to a new Microsoft account.
- Add the selected Office product to the cart.
- Go to the Payments option and enter your credit card details.
- Make the payment for the product.
- Go to your Microsoft Account.
- Click on Microsoft Office 2016.
- Now, below Install Office 2016, click on the Get Started button.
- In the next prompt, click on Install Office 2016.
- If you have Office 2016 for students, then key in your college user name and password.
- Click on the blue Sign in button.
- Finally, click on the orange Install now button located on the right side of the screen.
Install Microsoft Office 2016
After downloading the setup, just follow the prompts and install Office. Here are the steps yu must follow:
- Click on the Run button located at the lower area of the screen.
- After that, click on the Yes button when prompted.
- Now, ensure that the internet connection is stable.
- Microsoft Office installation will start getting prepared.
- Now, all the Office 2016 programs will get identified.
- The Office apps will get installed. It may take some time, so be patient.
Microsoft Office 2016 Activation
Along with every purchased Microsoft Office product, comes a unique activation this. This product key is sent via email or is printed on the retail card. It is a 25 characters alphanumeric product key used at the time of activation. Find the process for activating Office 2016 setup below:
- Click on the Close button when you receive this message “You are all set! Office 2016 is installed now.”
- Hit the Win key.
- Click on All programs in the Start menu.
- Now, click on any Office 2016 app.
- You can also click on the app shortcuts located in the toolbar.
- Now, click on the Accept button in order to agree to the MS Office license agreement.
- Now, in the Activation Window, select the option for online activation.
- Enter the product key for your copy of Microsoft Office 2016.
- Click on the Activate button.